10 – Ways to Have Fun for Free
We’re all feeling the pinch. Money is tight. Everything costs. Or does it? Here’s 10 ways to have fun for free!
- Try a workout at a local gym. Most hand out free day-passes in an attempt to get you to sign on the dotted line, but there’s no obligation to join.
- Visit the beauty counters and blag some samples. They’ve usually got loads of goodies hidden away. Be genuine. Tell them you’ve got dry skin/breakouts/excess oil and you’re considering their products but would like to test them out first.
- Be a culture vulture. Museums, art galleries, castles, cathedrals – there are loads of places of interest that you can wander around for hours for free. There are usually free tours and workshops too.
- Watch a show being recorded. You can apply for free tickets online to be in the audience of a huge range of TV and radio shows and witness some of the country’s top performers in action.
- Check out your local bookshop for visiting authors/events. You’ll be amazed at the amount of cool stuff taking place, from readings to launches.
- Sign-up to be a Mystery Shopper. You could end up sampling restaurants, cafes and amusement parks for free in return for a review.
- Invite everyone round to your place for a meal, with the understanding they each bring something – pizzas, beer, doughnuts etc. You provide the plates and the comfy couch!
- Ask your local hairdresser if they’re looking for models. You won’t have much say in what you look like, but it’ll grow again, right?
- Dig your old library card out! Remember how great it was to mooch around the bookshelves without making a noise and getting slung out? Libraries are great places to go if you’re in need of some peace and solitude. And you can borrow the latest best-sellers for free.
- Have a box-set binge. Sign up for a free trial on Netflix, sit-back and prepare to get square-eyes. You know it’s worth it!